Saturday, February 6, 2010

Kid's Eye View

There are so many blessings to being around a child.  It's as if Allah SWT not only wants to keep the human race going, but also to keep our wonder and interest in the world alive. 

I grew up hating the snow.  To me, it feels cold and slippery and I'm forced to stay locked in for days on end.  But subhanaAllah, this year has been different for me. I am now a mother of a four year old who is so eager to go out and enjoy the white snow and ice.  She forced me out this morning, into the DC area's 'Snowmageddon' of 2010; and I'm so happy she did.  I felt so refreshed out there.  It was so peaceful, and while I cleaned my car, I felt a rejuvenating spirit run through me.  It felt good, refreshing, serene.  No cars on the road, I could let my daughters play in the parking lot in peace.  I did my thing, and tried to uncover the mounds of white snow from my big, black car, and they did their thing in peace, sliding, packing, digging.  My chest feels full of fresh air, and now I'm home in warm, dry weather, ahamdulillah.  Wishing the hubby were here, is the only thing, but I suspect he's glad to be out of it.

No comments: