Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Resolutions

Yesterday was the first day of the new year, 2010.  And two weeks ago was the first day of the new year, 1431.  Yet it felt weird b/c I didn't feel any real excitement.  Just another day in the year.  But this is when people 'turn a new page,' and make new resolutions to change their lifestyle for the better.  Why doesn't this really ring with me?

Because I just went through two dramatic, life-changing training sessions in the last three months.  Twenty nine days of training during Ramadan and 14 intense days of all-day/all-night training during my once in a lifetime Hajj experience.  Those are the ultimate training sessions that really help you turn a wish, a resolution, a desire into a habit and a reality.  Twenty nine days of praying that extra sunnah, 14 days of temper control in a crowd of three million, ten nights of nightly prayers, twenty nine days of avoiding gossip...

Alhamdulillah.  Now, I'll just use this occasion to remind myself of those resolutions and renew my intentions and my will, with His help.

No comments: