Thursday, February 2, 2012

Waking Up in the Mornin', Mornin

I was waking up Sumayya for school the other day, and couldn't help but remembering baba and itrahhaming 3leeh.  I had a flashback to how he woke us up with a loud smile, a boisterous nature and a happy, off to the right track beginning of the morning day smile.  He'd laugh when we grumbled, covered our faces with our blankets or screamed, 'i'm getting up' for the hundredth time.  And he'd come back and wake us up again a couple more times, still happy and joking.
Flashback to the present, and here i am with my daughter, growl on my face, thinking of how much I'd rather be in bed, threatening her that if she wakes her sister or brother with her loud noise, i'll be so mad at her.  Wow! What a difference!  Your legacy still lives on Baba, and I ask Allah to reward you with us for every kick we gave and every smile/laugh you answered us with.  I try to wake Sumayya up with no growls now, no scowls, no angry countenance.  I haven't yet made it to the stage of being happy and smiley when I'm waking her up, but maybe one day soon I'll get there. 

No comments: