Friday, November 5, 2010

With Every New Step

I guess with every new step we take in our lives we'll miss Baba all over again.  Two days ago I moved into a new place... And I missed Baba all over again.  I wanted him to come excitedly and check it out, to comment on the location, what it looked like.  To go up and down the stairs and tell me what he thought.  I woke up in the middle of the night really missing you and wishing to have you in this tiny new stage in my life baba.  Wishing for your comments and thoughts... Missing you, but know you are in a greater world than where we are now. 

Love,
Fatima

2 comments:

ma said...

That's what I kept thinking during my kitab: I want him here, I want to see him booming and laughing, excitedly hugging his friends, grabbing me into his big and deep embraces, being the life of the party as usual. Not having him there, having Mama take out her stress on me, made it all the worse.

Fatima said...

alhamdulillah. i know. the family pics had a huge empty gap where he should be. he would've brought us all into that picture that much more quickly. Allah yerhamak.